Quality is always the top concern of pharmaceutical manufacturing. Compared to many other industries, pharmaceutical production underlies more demanding regulations. To ensure product safety and maintain consumer confidence, it is essential that pharmaceutical manufacturers control quality and prevent defective products and packaging from entering the supply chain. Like the impact of AI in other industries, pharmaceutical manufacturers have ongoing investments in AI-enable machine vision solutions in defect detection and quality control.
To deliver high-performance machine vision and visual awareness, the pharmaceutical manufacturers have required an embedded vision system powered by Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Movidius™ Myriad X VPU and Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit. In addition, this AI-powered system must support a high-performance Intel® Core™ processor and have sufficient storage and graphics capabilities to support cameras, 照明和控制器. In the pharmaceutical field, the fanless design is also required to achieve zero noise and no dust build-up.
- High-performance Intel® Core™ processors
- Supports Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X VPU
- Supports Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit
- Equipped with sufficient storage and graphics capabilities
- Fanless and noiseless design
Axiomtek’s AI-powered Embedded System with Intel® Movidius™ Myriad X VPU & Intel® OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Axiomtek has proposed the eBOX671-521-FL, a PoE embedded vision system designed for automated inspections that require high computing power and multi-camera imaging. The outstanding eBOX671-521-FL is powered by the 9th generation Intel® CoreTM processor and Intel® Movidius™ Myriad X VPU to maximize its computer vision workloads. With the support of the Intel® OpenVINO™ toolkit, the system is capable of training deep learning models to model optimization and inferencing execution. This remarkable AI-powered embedded system speeds up the path to production and offers manufacturers a fully automated quality control solution.
By adding the support of Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X VPU and Intel® OpenVINO™ toolkit, the scalable eBOX671-521-FL accelerates edge inference with optimal performance efficiency. The feature-rich embedded system also has sufficient PoE/LAN ports for vision and motion processing through cameras and robotics arm. Thru the Ethernet ports or Wi-Fi connection, the eBOX671-521-FL transmits the processed data to a database and monitoring center.
- 9th/8th gen Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 & Celeron® with Intel® Q370 chipset
- 4-CH PoE (IEEE802.3at compliance)
- Four USB 3.1 Gen2, two USB 3.1 Gen1
- Dual swappable 2.5" SATA HDD drive bays with RAID 0 & 1
- Supports Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X VPU
- DVI-I, HDMI, and DisplayPort with triple-view supported
- AMS.AXView intelligent remote monitoring software
Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X VPU
Intel's Myriad™X VPU is the third generation and most advanced VPU from Movidius™, an Intel company. Intel's Myriad™ X VPU is the first of its class to feature the Neural Compute Engine - a dedicated hardware accelerator for deep neural network inferences. The Neural Compute Engine in conjunction with the 16 powerful SHAVE cores and an ultra-high throughput intelligent memory fabric makes Myriad X the industry leader for on-device deep neural networks and computer vision applications. Intel's Myriad™ X VPU has received additional upgrades to imaging and vision engines including additional programmable SHAVE cores, upgraded and expanded vision accelerators, and a new native 4K ISP pipeline with support for up to 8 HD sensors connecting directly to the VPU.
- Dedicated neural compute engine
- 16 high-performance SHAVE cores
- Enhanced ISP with 4K support
- New vision accelerators including stereo depth
Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit
The Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit is a comprehensive toolkit for quickly developing applications and solutions that emulate human vision. Based on Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs), the toolkit extends CV workloads across Intel® hardware, maximizing performance. It accelerates applications with high-performance, AI and deep learning inference deployed from edge to cloud.
The Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit:
- Enables deep learning inference from the edge to cloud.
- Supports heterogeneous execution across Intel accelerators, using a common API for the Intel® CPU, Intel® Integrated Graphics, Intel® Gaussian & Neural Accelerator, Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick (NCS), Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2, Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Movidius™ VPUs, Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Arria® 10 FPGA Speed Grade 1 and Speed Grade 2, and Intel® Programmable Acceleration Card with Intel® Arria® 10 GX FPGA.
- Speeds time-to-market through an easy-to-use library of CV functions and pre-optimized kernels.
- Includes optimized calls for CV standards, including OpenCV* and OpenCL™.